Friday, February 03, 2006

Red Felted Purse


I've done a couple of purses, one using the yellow kniftyknitter and some red wool (Reynolds Lopi) yarn.

I knit it in the round using the ewrap and one strand of yarn. After making about 10-12 rows, I did the cuff like you do for a cap. Once I made it as long as I wanted (and with felting, it's just a good guess for me yet), I divided the pegs in quarters and then did each quarter separately, decreasing one stitch on each side until I was down to one stitch - then finished that stitch off and started the next quarter. Once all quarters were finished off, I sewed them together... it makes a flatter bottom. Then into the hot soapy water in the washer and after checking numerous times, it was suddenly felted. I had also made an Icord of the same yarn and felted it at the same time. Once it was dry, I poked 4 equal distance holes through the material and threaded my felted Icord through the holes. I was given the breast cancer lady pin from my chemo nurse and she seemed like just the right thing for decoration.

You can do a similar purse without using wool and felting, just by using more strands of yarn or different stitches to make it more solid. I guess that's what is so fun about looming - you can do your own experimenting.

Gail in MN

bgvall@gmail.com

This pattern is available for you to use for your personal use. Please do not sell it or add it to a booklet for sale unless permission is given. Thanks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home